I hate hardware that is clunky be design. Of course, any time you want to use a keyboard and mouse setup on your Xbox 360 it’s going to get messy. The Penguin Unlimited Eagle Eye for 360 is no exception to that rule. The Eagle Eye consists of some PC Software, a hardware unit that connects to your console and some lengthy setup.
When you unpack the box the first thing you’ll likely do is put the disc in your drive to install the software. It actually runs right from the disc so it doesn’t even need to be installed. You can drag and drop it all onto the PC if you wish so that you can save all your configurations.
The Penguin United Eagle Eye Converter is capable of holding two key configurations at a time. So that means you might have an FPS setup and say a more standard setup for side-scrolling or other games. Generally, you’d usually want the keyboard and mouse when you were playing an FPS anyway.
The first thing I had to overcome was the mouse speed. In several tests it took five full travels of the mouse pad to do a complete 360, with the highest DPI setting and the sensitivity for the X-axis at full in the game on three different mice. So that all had to be configured because the default settings on the Eagle Eye would never pass muster for any hardcore shooter. These settings can be edited while at the PC and several of them including dead zone, X and Y-axis sensitivity and angle adjust able to be done at the console as well.
Eagle Eye 360 Features:
- Conv erts any standard USB HID Keyboard and Mouse into a Xbox360 Controller
- Adjust Mouse sensitivity through the game’s option menu.
- Fluid translation from the Xbox360 right analog stick to mouse movement for more precise aim and accuracy in-game.
- Maps out all Xbox360 buttons and left analog stick via the included Eagle Edit software to customize your controls. Right analog stick defaults to mouse movement.
- Compatible with all Xbox360 games.
- USB 2.0 Keyboard and Mouse inputs.
- 13 ft. USB cable connects to Xbox360 for any size room
- Turbo option for A, B, X, Y, LB, RB, RT, LT buttons
- Compatible with all Xbox360 console versions and future firmware updates.
- MSRP: $59.99